WHO ARE WE
Beaudesert Cycling Club Inc. (BCC) was officially founded in September 2012 from a small group of dedicated cyclists and today has grown to become an Incorporated Club with Many Enthustastic and Dedicated Cyclists. With the aim to promote and encourage others to participate in cycling for fun, fitness and general wellbeing. The club caters for all riders regardless of their age, speed or ambition.
We love having new members join us and you will always be warmly welcomed at any of our activities. It doesn’t matter if its been awhile since you sat on a bike, or you ride regularly for general fitness, or to have fun with friends and family, or you are a competitive cyclists who races every other weekend. While we admire the speedsters amongst us, the club motto is “No One Gets Left Behind” and we ensure that all grades of rider are catered for with the variety of rides and activities we offer.
The club also acts as a voice for its members in the local community lobbing local government and authorities for cycling programs, facilities and infrastructure to further enhance the cycling experience for all.
“NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND”
WHAT WE DO
CLUB MISSION STATEMENT
Cycling for fitness, fun and transportation for all ages and abilities as a lifelong activity.
BCC conducts a range of regular club activities for all ages and abilities. These include
- Regular social/ training rides to suit all levels of abilities and experience (4 to 5 times a week – come to as many or few as you like)
- Regular Beginners / introduction sessions for road riding and mountain biking.
- Women’s only rides
- Leisurely family rides an the bikeways around Brisbane and Logan usually once a month.
- Reciprocal rides with other clubs in the South East Queensland.
- Team participation in charity and other mass participation rides such as the MS Brissie to Bay and the Brisbane to Gold Coast rides.
- At least 3-4 cycling related seminars/workshops per year, addressing topics such as skills/techniques, maintenance and nutrition (free or reduced cost for members).
Planning for our Cycling Future
We are continually lobbing Local Councils, Local and State Government to promote and enhance the future of Cycling in our area
Most mechanical or technical queries can be answered in-house, we have members who are mechanically savvy, and in the case of upgrading can offer sound advice in this field
We are local, we know our area and we enjoy the company of others
Rick Gillow (Ricky)
Rick is a dedicated and enthustastic, a good leader and promoter for all the clubs activitiies
Karen Dickson (Kassa)
Karen, a dedicated and passionate rider herself, admirably fulfills the roll of secetary
Scott Launder (Scotty)
Scotty knows how to move figures around, and adds a real family touch to the club.